Regional Advisory Committee 1
British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory, and the Northwest Territories
Marcia Clark, MD, MSc, FRCSC (Chair)
Message from the Chair
As a member of the Royal College practicing in Calgary, Alberta, I am pleased to introduce myself as the Chair of your Regional Advisory Committee (RAC 1).
I became a Fellow of the Royal College in 2005 after completing my MD at the University of Calgary and Orthopaedic Surgical fellowship at the University of Alberta. I joined the Royal College Council in February 2018 and became Chair of RAC 1 in February 2020.
Whether deliberate or non-deliberate, you are shaping our health systems. I find myself advocating for system change and medical education on a daily basis. Please know that your voice matters. RAC 1 is one of many ways for you to influence the role of the Royal College in our health and medical education systems. Please help your RAC 1 committee to ensure your voice is heard as part of the diverse and vibrant Fellows of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
The purpose of the Regional Advisory Committee is to
- identify regional issues relevant to the practice of specialty medicine, medical education, and health policy for action by the Royal College;
- promote effective communication with regional members;
- facilitate regional members’ ability to share their perspectives, strategies or solutions within areas of common interest;
- support the continuing professional development of members through collaboration with regional CPD Educators and other regional partner organizations, and
- identify and support the development of regional members with the experience, skills and expertise to serve in various volunteer roles within the Royal College.
If you have any questions or issues that you would like to raise, you can contact me at email@example.com (RAC Chair email inboxes are monitored by Royal College staff).
Marcia Clark, MD, MSc, FRCSC