International Development, Aid and Collaboration (IDAC)
IDAC is a funding program facilitated by Royal College Canada International (RCCI). The program supports projects led by Royal College Fellows that help to improve health profession education and local capacity in communities in need.
The 2023 call for applications has now closed. New projects being funded will be announced in 2024. Timelines for the next call for applications will be announced next year. Explore the application criteria below to see if your project could be eligible for IDAC support.
Prior to applying, please ensure the following eligibility criteria have been met in full:
- may only be submitted by Fellows of the Royal College with an active membership;
- must be aligned with the mandate and mission of the Royal College and RCCI, and must demonstrate impact and sustainability;
- cannot exceed three years’ duration and will not exceed CAD (Canadian dollar) $30,000 annually in funding requests;
- must have a demonstrable collaboration with credible partners within the host country; and
- must demonstrate how the project will build local capacity.
Additional eligibility criteria considered to be an asset include:
- a financial partnership and/or support from an external partner within the host country; and
- partnerships with one or more organizations in Canada (i.e., faculty of medicine, university, registered charitable organization, national specialty society, specialty committee, or government program).
Note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications that meet the eligibility criteria are not guaranteed to be approved for funding support.
RCCI does not accept emailed or mailed applications; all applications must be completed and submitted online. IDAC funding cannot be used to fund expenses related to payment of labour (e.g., honoraria, stipends, per diems, etc.), nor can it be used to fund research projects.