Instructions for submitting an application for assessment of training, Online Exam Registration, Payment, Withdrawal Process
Last updated January 10, 2024
How do I submit an application for assessment of my training?
- If you do not have a Royal College ID number, obtain it by registering at the following website: https://www.royalcollege.ca/en/register.html. You will be sent an email to activate your account.
If you already have a Royal College ID, skip to step 2.
- Open a new browser window (the preferred browser is Chrome – you may need to clear your cache)
Type in the URL https://booking.royalcollege.ca - do not copy/paste from any link
- Log in with your Royal College ID and password.
On your Dashboard (account home page), under “Available bookings”, you can then choose the application for which you are applying. Click on the blue “View”, or “View all” button.
The list of applications will then appear. Click the blue “Apply” button next to the application specifying the assessment route that is relevant to you.
Complete the application form. Ensure all information is accurate, and submit assessment fee payment.
You will then see the green bars at the top of your screen:
You will receive an email confirmation that your application and payment was successfully submitted. Please check your spam and junk folders in case eBooking confirmation emails are filtered there.
Note: If you click Save as draft to complete the form later, or you do not pay for your assessment, your booking is confirmed, and you will not have submitted your application for assessment of training.
When you return to your Dashboard, you will now see your completed application in “Paid” state, under “Recent bookings”.
* Type in the URL https://booking.royalcollege.ca - do not copy/paste from any link.
* The recommended browser is Google Chrome.
* We do not recommend accessing the platform from a mobile device, please access the eBooking website via desktop for best experience.
* If you already have a Royal College ID but have not yet logged in to our eBooking platform, you may need to reset your password.
If you have written a Royal College exam previously, you were issued a Royal College ID and created a password. If you’ve forgotten your Royal College ID or your password, follow steps below:
* The email address you use to log in must match the one we have on file.
* Please do not create multiple Royal College IDs. It is possible you have an existing ID if you have interacted with the Royal College previously. Please contact us if you receive the error message below:
* If the error message below appears, please clear your browser cache/history, close your browser, and try again. If that does not work, try a different browser, or an incognito browser. Ensure you have typed the URL https://booking.royalcollege.ca
What do I need to register for my exam online?
- You will need your Royal College ID.
- You will need to create a password.
How do I get my Royal College ID and password?
- If this is your first time writing a Royal College exam, please review your ruling letter for your Royal College ID.
- Go to booking.royalcollege.ca
- Click Reset or create your password. (You will need to do this the first time you login.)
- Type in your 7-digit Royal College ID and the email address that you have provided to the Royal College. Click Submit.
- You will receive an email asking you to provide a new Royal College password. Click on the link in this email.
- Type in a new password and confirm it. Then click Submit. Your password has been created.
- Go back to your ruling letter and click on the link provided.
- Type in your Royal College ID and password. Click Login.
Note: If you’ve written a Royal College exam previously, you were issued a Royal College ID and created a password. If you’ve forgotten your Royal College ID or your password, follow steps 2-8.
How do I register online for my Royal College exam?
- Click View under Available Bookings on the Dashboard.
- Click Apply.
- On the booking form that appears, verify that your information is correct (Royal College ID, name, email, specialty/subspecialty).
- On the booking form, choose your preferred delivery location, delivery centre, and language for the exam.
- If you need to request exam accommodations for your exam, select Yes in the drop-down menu. Please provide details of your exam accommodation requirements in the space provided and attach any relevant documentation by clicking Choose Files.
- Click Proceed to payment. Note: If you click Save as draft to complete the form later or you do not pay for your exam, your booking is not confirmed and you will not be registered for your exam.
- In the drop-down menu for Select payment method, select Card.
- Click Continue to payment.
- Provide your credit card number, expiry date, 3-digit card verification value on the back of your credit card and your postal code. Click Pay now.
- After payment is confirmed, you will see green bars at the top of the page that says: “Payment successfully processed” and “Success – Booking confirmed” (in English only). You are now registered for your exam.
- You will be sent an email confirming your registration and payment for your exam. Note: Please check your spam and junk folders in case eBooking confirmation emails are filtered there.
How do I make changes to my exam booking?
- If you want to make changes to your exam booking, click View on the Dashboard.
- Scroll down the page, and click Make changes to my booking.
- Note: You can only modify your exam delivery location, delivery centre and language for your exam prior to the exam registration deadline. (The registration deadline for Fall exams is April 15th of the year you write your exam and the registration deadline is November 4th for Spring 2022 exams.) After the registration deadline passes, you will no longer have the option to modify these details.
- Click Confirm my changes.
- You will receive an email confirming your booking modification.
How do I withdraw from my exam?
Information on our withdrawal policy can be found on our website, under the tab “Withdrawal from exams.”
- If you want to withdraw from your exam, click View on the Dashboard.
- Scroll down the page, and click Request a withdrawal.
- Complete the reason and details for your withdrawal in the required fields provided.
- Click Continue.
- It will say “Withdrawal requested” and a green bar at the top of the screen will say, “You have now requested a withdrawal of your booking, your application will be reviewed.”
Note: Once you submit a withdrawal from your exam, no more changes can be made in the eBooking system. You will receive an email confirming your withdrawal request. The Finance Department will receive a request to refund the fees for the exam component of which you have withdrawn. It will be applied to the credit card that was used to pay your exam fee.
How do I log out?
Click on the 3 ellipses in the top right corner.
Contact the Royal College’s Credentials Unit if you have any questions by email at email@example.com.
Note: Please check your spam and junk folders in case eBooking confirmation emails are filtered there.
You will receive a written appointment letter via email approximately two months before your written exam that confirms details, including your exam date, time, location. Similarly, you will receive an applied appointment letter via email approximately one month before your applied exam.
The Royal College must have your correct mailing address, e-mail and telephone number(s) at all times.