After your discipline’s official start to CBD transition
Once your transition has officially started, the Royal College will work with each specialty committee, including all the program directors (and invited faculty based on expertise) to create discipline-specific competency-based training standards and assessment strategies.
This iterative process will let us learn together and will take place over a series of workshops, webinars, teleconferences and group meetings. This transition generally occurs over a two-year period.
During your workshops, you are likely to:
- Develop a common language and an understanding of Competence by Design (CBD) concepts.
- Separate your discipline into stages and determine the major activities that will occur at each stage of implementation.
- Use the CanMEDS Framework and Milestones to begin to define the discipline-specific EPAs and milestones that will indicate progression of competence through each stage.
- Incorporate EPAs, milestones and new CanMEDS content into your discipline’s document suite.
- Start discussions around the assessment blueprint, credentialing, examinations and certification.
- Learn about opportunities for pilot-testing.
- Start thinking about implementation.
- Tools and resources
- Switch by Heath Brothers (resources)
- Switch by Dan Heath (short videos)
- Viral Change by Leandro Herrero
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Derek Sivers How to Start a Movement (3 min video)
- Bronze Age Orientation Day (funny change video)
We are here to help you succeed with CBD. Contact us:
What you can do now